Thank you for your generosity, support and patience as we work through these troubling times. We are intent on following the CDC guidelines as well as the State of Colorado mandates in order to keep our children, families and staff safe. We met with the Church’s COVID-19 task force and they have approved the following guidelines in order for us to open on September 14, 2020.
At any time, if the spread of the virus is increasing and the Governor mandates that schools close for an undetermined amount of time, we will immediately close. We will provide virtual learning for those families who want to participate. We will require $104/week in reduced tuition be paid to hold your place in the school.
None of us imagined that this World health crisis would affect us all so deeply. We have missed your children and our families, but it is our utmost responsibility to keep us all safe and well. I welcome any questions and suggestions to achieve this goal.
I am sending you all a virtual hug and look forward to the day when it can be a real hug.
Please stay safe,
and the Staff of First Plymouth Learning Center and our Board of Directors.
New COVID Policies and Protocols:
• The only adults that will be allowed in the school will be staff, in order to limit the exposure of the virus.
• All staff members will be asked health questions and their temperatures and pulse/ox taken each day and the results logged in a daily record.
• All children will have their temperatures taken before they are allowed to come into the building. The health questions will be asked to each parent/driver at the car each morning. If someone in the immediate household has COVID19 symptoms or the child’s temp is 100.3 or higher, the child will not be allowed to come to school that day. During this national health crisis, we must assume all are COVID related. The child will need to have two COVID negative tests within 48 hours before the child may return to school. If you do not want to test your child, the child will need to return after a 14- day quarantine. PLEASE, if your child is feverish or experiencing any new symptoms, we require that you keep them home.
• We will have a 30 minute drop off window each morning. Staff will ask the driver/parent health questions about the family and take the child’s temp and then escort them to their classroom after hand sanitizing. You may drop off your child between 8:45am-9:15am. The Penguins (pre-k class) will be picked up in the circular driveway facing Colorado Blvd. All other classes will be picked up at the entryway curbside on the west side of the building.
Health and Safety:
• All staff will be required to wear masks at all times. For our children 3 and older, masks or face shields are recommended but we realize that may be hard to enforce. Our staff will be encouraged to wear gloves.
• There will be frequent hand washing breaks during the day. We are fortunate that each classroom has their own sinks.
• We will be sanitizing as much as we can during the day and after school each classroom will be electrostatically cleaned.
• We will be socially distancing as much as possible with little ones, which is not always easy. We will try to make a game of it when we can.
• The sandbox will be closed as will the sensory tables and stuffed animals. We will be using toys and materials that can be easily sanitized.
• We will be stringent about enforcing our health policies. PLEASE help by keeping your child home if they are running a fever or have any obvious symptoms of COVID 19 or any member of your household exhibits symptoms of COVID19. Please see addendum for COVID 19 symptoms.
• We will not be combining classes for the time being. The classes will have the same teachers each day, unless illness requires a change.
• Anytime your child is sick you must report it to the school as we are required to track illnesses and report them to the Tri-County Health department. This is especially important during these days of a pandemic.
• Please make sure that your child visits their pediatrician before school begins and that their immunizations are up to date. We will need the Physician’s statement and their immunization report before they can begin school. We strongly urge you to have your child receive a flu shot this year.
• You may want to have more than one set of bedding on hand as we will be sending their bedding home every week to be washed.
• If there has been a case of COVID 19 in your child’s class, we will be closing the classroom and depending where the child was in the school, we may need to close the entire school for a minimum of 3 days so that we can properly clean and disinfect the school.
• In this registration packet you will find the 2020-2021 calendar. Please note, that due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we will be cancelling large group gatherings like our Thanksgiving meal and our Christmas program, if we are still facing this health crisis.
• Marvelous Monday will not begin until September 14. We will be offering programming but will not be able to invite special instructors in at this time. We will not hold Marvelous Monday the last week of school in May.
• COVID 19 Liability Waiver is included in the packet. Your child will not be able to attend school if we do not have this signed form in their file. We pray this will be the only year this form will be required.