Both programs are child-centered and based on the belief that play is the best way for children to learn. Our approach is individualized to meet each child’s needs and interests. Each classroom is organized with age-appropriate centers for creative art, literature, science and pre-math, dramatic play, and cognitive and small motor development. These centers encourage reenactment of life’s roles. The environment is planned to stimulate imagination and creativity, socialization, and exploration and discovery, while challenging the use of muscles important to developing bodies.
2. Provide children with attention, acceptance, and affection.
3. Foster children’s self esteem and independent functioning.
4. Help children develop listening and language skills.
5. Follow accreditation policies and regulations.
6. Encourage children to care about and respect one another.
7. Stimulate children’s thinking and problem-solving skills through play.
8. Foster the development of age-appropriate self-help skills.
With 106 combined years in early childhood education and 53 combined years at First Plymouth Learning Center, our experienced and professional staff is highly qualified to guide your child’s development and growth in a productive, consistent and nurturing manner. All staff members are required to undergo and pass a background check and fingerprinting before entering the classroom. Our staff members are also all trained in First Aid, CPR and the use of an Epi-Pen.