The First Plymouth Learning Center is a self-sustaining outreach program of the First Plymouth Congregational Church, United Church of Christ. There are three components to the program: Parent’s Day Out (PDO) for one and two-year-old children, Preschool for three and four-year-old children, and Pre-Kindergarten for five-year-olds.
2. Provide children with attention, acceptance, and affection.
3. Foster children’s self-esteem and independent functioning.
4. Help children develop listening and language skills.
5. Follow accreditation policies and regulations.
6. Encourage children to care about and respect one another.
7. Stimulate children’s thinking and problem-solving skills through play.
8. Foster the development of age-appropriate self-help skills.
Our experienced and professional staff are highly qualified to guide your child’s development and growth in a productive, consistent and nurturing manner. All staff members are required to undergo and pass a background check and fingerprinting before entering the classroom. Our staff members are also all trained in First Aid, CPR and the use of an Epi-Pen. FPLC teachers are required to do at least 15 hours of continuing ed each year.